Thursday, August 4, 2011

Traveling Through Time


      I have now transitioned into a life in the U.S. as a student once again, yet in a foreign place-the east coast. Even though I have been back in the states for a month now, a sense of homecoming and familiarity has been distant. While I was home in the Pacific Northwest for a beautiful week of sunshine and rejuvenation, the road has been my friend during my epic quest from Washington to Vermont via an introduction Southern Comfort of the U.S. It's all a grand transition from one realm of my design build immersion-from family's project in Mexico to my stint at school in Vermont. All the while I am traveling through a vast array of new frontiers of my home country in complete awe. It's historical integrity, cultural diversity, natural phenomena, and an unquantifiable zest for life is overwhelming. I have fallen in love with the United States and all it has to offer.

During these travels, through my re-education ofn the non-linear history of the U.S., I have been stunned by the story illuminated in the natural landscapes, human built infrastructure and community planning. From the geological phenomenas of Moab, Utah and John Day, Oregon to the religious and political symbols of power in Salt Lake City, our country is an open book. One only needs to dive into the literature and at times read in between the lines to discover an epic tale of adventure, greed, exploitation, love, pride, mystery and power. It's written in the designs of the natural and human constructed realms amongst the places we call home. A story of present, past and future-an evolving door of potential, accomplishment and satisfaction. Let the history take you in, because only in those moments of reflection, may one step forward into a positive progression towards peace and solidarity.


John Day, Oregon


John Day Fossil Beds


Salt Lake City, Utah 



Arches Natl. Park, Moab, Utah

Canyonlands Natl. Park, Moab, UT






Oregon Trail Interpretive Center, Baker, OR


Aspen, CO


Wormsloe Ruins, Savannah, GA



Savannah Cotton Exchange

New Orleans, LA

1 comment:

Jacque de Lo said...

So enjoy your comments and your unique way of writing. Thank you for updating your blog.. I've checked it many times! Continued good luck, my friend, and may our roads in life continue to run together at times.